With days punctuated by telecommuting and curfew, the desire to discover new horizons is certainly more pressing for globetrotters. Whether it is for business or personal reasons, you surely have a good reason to go to Crete if you are reading this. Between entry formalities and sanitary restrictions, we will see how to prepare your trip to Crete during the pandemic.
Travelling to Crete and Covid: what are the restrictions at the moment?
Entry to Crete or Greece is allowed to all travelers by air, from and to all its airports, as well as by sea, road and rail.
All travelers from Europe or the Schengen area must present the following documents to enter Greece (including children under five years old):
- European digital vaccination certificate (European Union Digital Covid Certificate, EUDCC) or recognized by the EMA, valid for more than 14 days and less than 9 months after the complete vaccination schedule (complete schedule = 2 doses for a two-dose vaccine, e.g. Pfizer – and 1 dose for a single-dose vaccine, e.g. Janssen) or without time limit for travelers who have completed a booster dose (3rd dose or 2nd dose in the case of a single-dose vaccine);
- European Digital Recovery Certificate over 14 days and under 180 days following a positive test;
- Negative PCR test performed less than 72 hours before arrival in Greece;
- Rapid negative antigen test less than 24 hours before arrival in Greece.
You can also fill out a Passenger Locator Form here.
Please note that currently, wearing a mask is mandatory in closed areas.
Where to do a PCR Covid19 test in Crete?
- Rethymno Medical Assistance in Adelianios Kampos 28310 71300
- In Heraklion, laboratories Biomedigen and Asklipios
- In Chania, clinic Gavrilaki.
Travel to Crete: book your stay!
Book a hotel
If Crete has suffered the full force of the health crisis, now things are clearing up thanks to the vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna and others) and with them, the opportunity to spend a “normal” vacation again, with :
- private beaches…
So it’s time to book your vacation and a nice hotel in Crete!
To you the establishments of dream at low prices and the paradisiac landscapes of the island:
To travel in Crete quickly, we also recommend you to find your hotel on this mapBooking.com
Book a cheap hotel
Or check below the best promotions of the moment for a cheap stay in Crete in high quality hotelsBooking.com